Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Still Here and Still Knitting


This month has gone by quickly for me. First off, I need to mention that I started a new job this month. That's why I haven't been posting like a mad woman. I've been busy working full-time in the corporate world. Yes, I've been going through bouts of knitting withdrawals...big time! Yes, I do miss working at my LYS. I miss squeezing the yarns and I miss my knitting friends.

I still find some time to knit. Mostly in the evenings during the week and then a few hours on the weekends.

My knitted Christmas gifts (felted bowls, shopping bag, and cozy socks) were a big hit and a big surprise this year. I'm sure the recipients are expecting something hand made for 2010...no pressure! lol!!!

My poor CPH is on hold. I was in the process of knitting the first sleeve. I have to modify the sleeve instructions to accommodate my shorter arm length. I haven't had a block of time to devote to this project. I'm hoping to have a whole weekend in January to get back on track and finish this project.

In the meantime, I've casted on for my "Not So-Swing Jacket" using Lion Brand Thick & Quick yarn in Barley. Before I started my new job, I came across this Plymouth pattern at one of my LYS. Since I have very little time to knit, I knew this would be a quick knit with Bulky yarn and knitting from the top down. There is a lot of ease in this jacket. The size small has a finished bust of 42 inches. I decided not to do the increases in the body and will knit this jacket shorter than the 20 inches the instruction calls for. I also plan on using black LB T&Q yarn around the neckline, bottom of sleeves and bottom of the jacket.

Right now, the sleeves are on waste yarns and I'm working on the body. This tweedy yarn is beautiful and a nice surprise from Lion Brand. Here's what the jacket looks like so far:




I hope to finish this before the end of this week. A nice way to end 2009.

No comments: