Friday, May 14, 2010

Be Still My Shawls


I'm still in a shawl mood. I have a funny feeling that I will be knitting shawls well into June/July. I'm still working on my 400 yards of Cotton-Ease Heaven Shawl. I've decided to knit a 4-1/2 lace repeat pattern. I hope to get it done by the end of this month. I have to. That's my two-month mark/anniversary of working on this baby. Way too long.

So, here's what a 4 lace pattern repeat looks like. I think I left off on row #8. A few more rows, I can start the finishing the edge. I will more than likely nix the lace border pattern from the instructions. That's what I did for my first version. I had a problem lining up the border with my shawl (only because I added an extra lace pattern repeat).



As you can see, it's a beautiful lace pattern knitted in a solid color.




I took my mother to Needles in the Haymarket yarn shop and found another gorgeous shawl to work on. It's called Panache. I saw the finished product in purple and it was just gorgeous! Most of you know, when I say something is gorgeous...well, it just is. The ladies at the yarn shop told me this is an easy shawl to knit. I have to take their word. Can I use the word "gorgeous" again?

So, here I am doing some research on Ravelry for Panache. It looks very intricate, delicate, and feminine. The instructions do look easy. I've added it to the top of my queue. I have no idea what yarn I'll be using...it will most likely be worsted weight. A half circle version of this shawl should take roughly 700 yards of yarn. The 3/4 version would take roughly 900 yards.


I will leave you with a picture of Panache from Ulla's site. Isn't it gorgeous?



BTW...Ravelry has the free English version of this pattern.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: