Thursday, October 22, 2009

Still Working on CPH


I'm still cruising on CPH. I've finished the back a few days ago. I'm now working on the front left and very close to BO/decreasing the armhole.



I was chatting with my fellow knitting friend about not knitting the hoodie, but knitting a deep ribbed collar instead. She thought it would be a great idea..."would you really wear the hood?" Maybe not was my answer. So, I will be making a last minute knitting decision when I get there.

As I am knitting this CPH, my mind is filled with many knitting changes. Besides changing out the hoodie, I will need to match the ribbing depth of the collar with the front ribbing for the buttonholes/button loops. Yes, then there's the choice of knitting buttonholes or crocheting button loops. This all depends on how the CPH will fit once I do the all the seams and try it on. I love this process of knitting and making changes on the fly. It's an unknown, but I'm a fearless knitter.

BTW, don't be surprised if my CPH may soon be known as CPC (central park cardi). ;)

1 comment:

Trina said...

It looks great! I think it would look just as nice with a collar instead of a hood, i've seen some on Rav like that.
I swatched for mine last night - onely one stitch off, which will fix itself when I block it - and cast on for the sleeve, got halfway through the ribbing before realising i'd cast on the wrong number of stitches so I had to pull it all out :( I'll start again tonight :)