Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Hot Sunday



For a hot and humid Sunday (over 100 degrees), it's only appropriate to be knitting a lace tank top. I've cast on for a Lillian Tank Top pattern I got from Ravelry. It has a lace body, few rows of ribbing under the bust, and then stockinette stitch to the shoulders. It's knit in the round and then separated for the front and back. There's ribbing around the squarish neckline and armholes and also at the bottom hem.

I'm using Rowan Calmer yarn for this project. This yarn didn't sit for long in my stash. After seeing so many complements about the yarn I knew I had to try it out. The yarn is very springy and light. Produces beautiful stitches in my opinion.

Here's the base of my tank top:




I also came across some future projects:

Reid, by Berroco, is a beautiful lace top. Perfect for transitioning from Summer to Fall. I plan on using Bamboucle in Apple Red for this project.




Then, I saw Minnie, from the Cardigans book by Louisa Harding. This is a versatile pattern. It can be made long or cropped (e.g. bolero), cabled front or lace, and long or short sleeves. I actually like this version pictured here:



I also fell in love with Sofia, also from the Louisa Harding's Cardigan book. It's a beautiful cropped cardigan that draws/curves up the front and has short sleeves. Very cute and very shapely. Unfortunately, I can find a picture...but will try to post one later.

I'll be running my errands early this morning and then staying inside later today in the cool comforts of my AC.

No comments: