I've finished my Chevron Lace Top. Now, I need to weave in all those loose ends. My gosh, there are a lot. I feel proud of finishing this top as I made some modifications to the original pattern and it's been quite a few months since I have knitted a garment. I've had to take out my Knitter's Companion reference book to review techniques that I used to know. I had a huge "knitting high" over the last few weeks. Enjoyed it immensely. The top is done (minus the loose ends) and it fits. I ended up finishing the armholes using the I-cord BO. It was a last minute decision and my first attempt at this BO method. I spent time researching different I-cord techniques over the Internet. The technique I chose is from Knit Picks. Simple is better. That seems to be my knitting motto of late.
I ended up finishing the neckline with 1x1 ribbing. Would have preferred to finish with the same I-cord binding used on the armholes, but wanted to make sure I could get the top over my head. Ribbing finished made more sense.
I'm still knitting my Leaf Yoke top. I have about 4 more inches to knit in the body. My armholes came out really deep and I plan on using the I-cord BO as it will tighten the armhole space quite a bit. To match the armholes, I plan on knitting the same I-cord BO for the bottom hem. Again, simple is better. I also plan on finishing the neckline with the same BO method. I'm looking forward to finishing this top this weekend, if possible.
I enjoy knitting the I-cord BO method and like the finished/polished look. My knitting mojo is moving right along. Knitting is fun. Life is good.