Friday, June 4, 2010

Back to Garment Knitting


I needed a break from shawl knitting. I've put Panache on hold for a few days so I could crank this beautiful Liesl lace cardigan. I went yarn shopping over the holidays and came across this beautiful Stacy Charles Victoria Print yarn. After knitting a test sample, the knitted fabric had a loose slinky feel to it. I knew this would be a perfect match.



I knitted a size 34" and got gauge with a size 11 needle. I did a picot bind off on the sleeves and at the bottom of the cardi. The pattern comes with both charts and written instructions. This is definitely a TNT pattern for me.

I went searching in my stash for more yarn to make another version. I did find a lovely linen/silk/rayon blend yarn. I knitted a sample and got gauge. I'm ready to go again.

I missed knitting garments and I think this was the lovely break that I needed.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Oh, so beautiful! Yarn and pattern. You are so fast! Seems to take me forever, then forever to post it.
Sheri