Wednesday, June 30, 2010

More Garment Knitting


I'm back to garment knitting. It's only taken 7 months to get the garment-itch, again. Now that Summer is in full swing, I'm thinking "sleeveless" tops. I found a cute chevron top in one of my Tahki Yarns booklet. I'm doing some major omissions/modifications to the pattern...no sleeves and no front button placket. Oh, and no seams(!)...just knit in the round. Make it simple.

Here's the body of the shell. I really do like the colors I picked out. I'm using Tahki Yarns Cotton Classic. I believe this is the first garment I'm knitting with smaller than #8 needles. I'm using #6 needles! This knitting project is going fast. I've already separated the front and back section and now knitting the back.



Also on my needles (size 7), is the Leaf Yoke top that's from last year's Knit.1 magazine. As you can see, I'm using two colors for this top. Just wanted to knit something different. I've learned how to do short row wraps (shaping). Something new for me to learn.



I'm alternating my time between these two projects. I hope to have both completed by the end of our upcoming holiday weekend.

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo I do love those colours!! It will look lovely when its finished :)

sara said...

I've had my eye on that Leaf Yoke sweater since it came out. I can't wait to see yours!