Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another Future Knitted Garment


I have another knitted garment on my knitting to do list that I wanted to share. This design is by Stefanie Japel.

Bold and Bulky Mini Cardi by Stefanie Japel


I love this pattern as it uses Wool Ease Thick and Quick yarns. For a 38" bust, the pattern uses 2 skeins of main color (MC) yarn and 1 skein of contrast color (CC) yarn. It uses 3 knitting needle sizes: Size 13 (9mm) circular needles, Size 9 (5.5mm) circular needles and 10.5 (6.5mm) regular needles.

I've been reading that this cardigan runs small. So, I may end up knitting this for 40" bust. Also, some knitters are reporting that they need more than 1 skein of the contrast color (CC) yarn.

This mini cardigan pattern can be found in two places. One is in Stefanie's book:

Fitted Knits: 25 Designs for the Fashionable Knitter by Stefanie Japel



It's also a free pattern at Lion Brand's site and includes some corrections to the instructions.

What I love about this cardigan's potential, is the endless color combination possibilities. I already have my yarn picked out for two different color versions: one will be Fig (MC) which looks like raspberry and denim (CC) and the other will be Black (MC) and Cilantro (CC) which looks like olive color.

I will be knitting a test swatch for this pattern.

No comments: