Saturday, January 31, 2009

I've Started My First Sweater!


I finally decided on the sweater pattern for my first knitted sweater. I'm working on my two-tone sweater that I posted the other day. Of the 3 projects that I mentioned, I thought this one had the best pattern instruction to follow. I'm making the smallest size which has a 43" finished chest. It uses a total of 7 skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick yarn (e.g. 3 skeins of Black and 4 skeins of Fig). I am using 24" circular needles in sizes 11 and 13.

I originally bought these yarns (on sale) to make 2 mini cardigans (one in Fig and one in Black). After reading the mini cardi pattern instructions, I decided to use the yarns for this project instead. I was still one skein short of the Fig color. I went back to Michael's and was able to find the yarn in the same dye lot.


Here's what my current sweater looks like. I love the two colors I am using Fig and Black. I have to say that knitting with black yarn in the evenings puts a strain on the eyes, but you know me...black is a great color to use and wear.

Working on the back of my sweater. Knitting in the sleeve area.


I love using my Takumi Velvet circular knitting needle. I haven't had a problem with my stitches sliding off accidently.

Here's my new gadget, hard at work:
My new mini Kacha-Kacha showing 64 rows of knitting completed, so far.


Thank goodness the weekend is here. I hope to finish the back and start working on to the front.

No comments: