I finished the back piece of my beginner sweater. I have to pat myself on the back, because I never thought I would get this far in my knitting skill. It looks like an actual back piece of a sweater. Amazing!
As I was knitting through the base and arm area of the sweater, I converted the sweater instructions into my plain english notes, something that made sense to my methodical/step-by-step mind. I was doing fine, until I got to the neckline area. I read and re-read the instructions. I thought I had a vision and wrote down what I thought was a good interpretation of the steps. Well, halfway through the neckline, realized I had to drop my instruction conversion and go with what felt good and made sense. It looks like a rough neckline for now. Later, when I start stitching the pieces together and then knit a neckline in, I hope I won't have to "fix" too much. Thank goodness this was the back, so my hair should hide any errors. :)
I'm now working on the front piece which is coming along faster thanks to my converted notes. The instructions for the front piece is similar to the back piece, until I get to the neckline area. The front will be slight shorter than the back piece. I have a better idea of how I need to knit the front neckline shaping.