Friday, January 30, 2009

My Favorite Knitting Counter


I've been knitting for only a year and completed a few simple projects along the way. Now that I'm tackling more challenging projects, I've had the need to use a knitting counter to keep track of my rows.

I've used the normal inexpensive knit counter that fits on the knitting needles, but some of them spin or advance the numbers too easy. You get what you pay for, right?

I was at my local Joann's and came across this nifty Clover gadget. It's a Mini Kacha-Kacha or knitting counter. I took a thin piece of yarn and fed it through the loop to wear around my neck. How cleaver is that! The top button lets me advance the number. On the lower left side there's a lock/unlock switch. I lock the counter to keep it from advancing the next number accidently.

I'm currently using this on my first knitted sweater. Glad I found this wonderful gadget. Well worth the $10.

No comments: