Saturday, May 30, 2009

Crazed Knitting


I can't believe I did this. Okay, I can. Two days ago, I started another Hey Teach and I haven't even finished the first one. This Azalea color Lion Brand Cotton Ease yarn called out to me. I don't wear a lot of dark rose, raspberry or red colors. Actually, I can't find this color in my closet or in my drawers. Not even a RTW garment. Here I am knitting away with this gorgeous raspberry color. Yes, I know the label says Azalea, but my camera is making the yarn come out red. So, I'm using raspberry to give you, the reader, a better idea of the real color I'm seeing.

Another Hey Teach in the works


I have to admit, I love knitting with this yarn. No splitting at all. It's 50% cotton/50% acrylic. Worsted weight. There's 207 yards per skein. Not bad. It should wash and wear well. I understand Lion Brand discontinued this line of yarn and then brought it back after hearing a lot of Cotton Ease followers complain. I can see why. This color is gorgeous. Did I already say that?

Guess what I saw yesterday? I saw this beautiful lace cardi pattern called CeCe at Chic Knits' site. Actually, I saw it first on Ravelry and the many different version others have knitted. I'm putting this on my to do list. I'm resisting the temptation to purchase this pattern right away. I already have two yarn choices that will work perfectly and are in my stash waiting for some action. If I purchase the pattern, I know I will CO immediately without any thought. I must maintain my 3 WIPs. I must maintain my 3 WIPs.

Looks like I'll be spending more time sewing this weekend. I have to take a break from my knitting for the next two days. I strained my fore finger on my right hand. I can't tell if it was the result of winding 800 yards of yarn at one time, lifting heavy grocery bags and letting two bags hang on my fore finger, or knitting two Hey Teach cardis at the same time. This is nuts! So, I'm off to make myself an ice bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for bringing my attention to the Cece cardigan!! I just impulsively bought 10 balls of Rowan Calmer on sale for 65% off but had no idea what to make with it yet. And like a sign from above, the Cece cardi uses Rowan Calmer and is absolutely adorable! I can't wait to cast it on (once I finish my 2 other wips!!). Can't wait!
xx

Trina said...

Wow, you are a machine! It must be a great pattern! And I do love the colour :)