In my previous post, I mentioned about putting in a lifeline in my cardi. I basically took a thinner yarn and weaved in into the current row of stitches of my cardi. In the picture below, my lifeline is located right before I did my BOs and decreases. If I made a mistake, I could easily frog back to the lifeline and place the stitches on my needle and start again.
This morning, I did the BOs and decreases for the armholes. My personal notes on the chart helped me step through each row and I managed to keep the lace pattern intact. I am very pleased with this pattern and so far haven't come across any issues or errors.
Now, it's smooth sailing (no more decreases) as I continue to knit the back in pattern until I get to the neckline and have to move some stitches onto a stitch holder or a piece of remnant yarn.