Sunday, December 5, 2010

Knitting Weekend

I’m having a fun filled weekend of knitting.  Meaning…hours of non-stop knitting.  From Friday evening until today.   I haven’t had the opportunity to do this in a long while.  I’m having a great weekend.

I’ve finished the basket weave scarf and just need to weave in the ends.

Basketweave_scarf_5704

Friday, I CO for the Fetching fingerless gloves and finished them early this morning.  I just need to weave in the ends (more weaving).  Here’s a picture of the left glove with the contrast waste yarn knitted into the glove.  The contrast yarn represents the hole or thumbhole area.  This morning I finished the thumbhole and will post pictures later of using DPNs to pick up the “live stitches” above and below the contrast yarn.  It’s funny that I learned this technique a few weeks ago in my Buttonhole knitting class and then come across this technique again in this pattern. 

FetchGloves_brown_5685

This Fetching pattern is a real winner.  It took me less than 6 hours to knit both gloves.  Remember, I’m a slow knitter.  The pattern instructions are easy to memorize.  I’ll be knitting several more of these.  It will be nice to have a small knitting project to take with me on the go and just pick up and knit when I have a few minutes or an hour to spare. 

You will notice that both the gloves and the scarf are knitted with the same yarn – Berroco Comfort.  I like this color which is a brown heather with a berry hue to it.  This yarn creates beautiful stitch definitions.  It’s machine washable and the knitted fabric is very soft. 

Later this afternoon, I will be attending my last of three knitting class at my LYS.  I will be learning to knit Continental style.  We’ll see if I can accomplish this within this 1-1/2 hour session.  Wish me luck!

Happy Knitting!

No comments: