Saturday, December 11, 2010

More Fetching Fingerless Gloves

I’m on a knitting roll.  Not so much knitting garments (as I have a few WIPs staring me in the face and making me feel guilty), but knitting quick accessories.  I seem to do this in spurts.  Maybe it’s seasonal.  I have a new found love for knitting fingerless gloves.  The Fetching pattern in particular.  I really like the cabled ribbing pattern around the wrists and again at the knuckle area.  This has become my TNT pattern.  So far, it takes me 3 hours to finish one glove or 6 hours for a set.  Not bad as I’m a slow knitter. 

Here’s my 2nd set of Fetching knitted in Comfort by Berroco in a gray color:

FetchGloves_0968_medium

FetchGloves_0967_medium

The gray color is much darker than the pictures show.  I’m not too talented taking a one-handed picture using my DSLR, so I have to rely on my handy P&S (point & shoot) and of course the pop up flash which blows the color way out.  Trust me, the dark gray color is beautiful. 

I really like knitting with the Berroco Comfort yarn even though it’s a synthetic yarn.  It produces a beautiful knitted fabric and it’s quite soft. 

I have to admit that there’s nothing like knitting with real yarn.  Here’s my 3rd version of Fetching on my DPNs.  I’m using Savoy by Tahki Yarns in a beautiful berry color.  This yarn is silk/merino wool and very, very lovely to knit with.  It has a beautiful sheen and a joy to knit with.  Some Ravelers who have knitted garments with this yarn have mentioned that this yarn will pill. So far, I haven’t experienced that while knitting the gloves.  It’s just doggone beautiful!

FetchGloves_berry_0972_medium

So, what will I do with several versions of Fetching?  I’ll have a set to use at work to keep my hands warm while I’m typing.  Yes, it can get chilly in the office.  Another set will be worn when I’m on a photography assignment and have to take outdoor pictures.  I still need my bare fingers to grip my DSLR and press the buttons.  Better to have something to partially cover my hands than nothing at all. 

FetchGloves_0970_medium

These are functional fingerless gloves and the cabled ribbing adds some elegance to an otherwise simple and easy to knit pair of gloves. 

No comments: