Sunday, December 26, 2010

Weekend Knitting


I can't believe it took me until Christmas Eve to get into the full-blown knitting mode. Hours upon hours of blissful knitting. Other than going to church on Christmas Day, we spent a quiet time at home. More knitting and watching DVDs. This morning, we got up really late with no snow on the ground...yet. Sleepy-eyed, we ventured out for some breakfast.

Here's what I have on my needles, the Listado cowl/head cover in Renata Tebaldi colorway. I thought I was going to knit this in Julia Child, but at the last minute I changed my mind and went for the contrasting colors.




My beautiful hank of yarn went from this:



To this cake of yarn:



I spent time winding some yarn this weekend. Very therapeutic I must add:



When hubby asked what I wanted for Christmas, I should have mentioned a new Swift. For now, my homemade swift will do for another year. I've had to add a few cans of tomato sauce to my "swift box" to add stability when my swift is spinning so fast. Here's my last year's post of my Tilta Swift and a link on how to make your own.




I had a last minute knitting request from my hubby. He wanted me to knit him a hat. So, I've started to knit a watchman cap using Berroco Vintage in brown. This pattern is from the "Knits Men Want" book. I have to say this book is wonderful. There are classic style sweaters and projects for men and includes different gauges and yardages to complete a project. Here's the beginnings of the cap:



Here's the cover of the book:




I hope my fellow knitters are enjoying their holiday weekend. I know I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Renata yarn is beautiful. It looks very soft, too.

I've looked at that book before, but didn't know whether or not to get it. I think I will, because I'd like to knit more for my hubby.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Glad your Christmas was full of relaxing and knitting.

2BKnitting said...

That's one of the main reasons I bought the book...to knit more for my hubby. This book has some great simple, but classic styles that suits him more. I really like how the book lays out the sizes and shows yardage, number of CO, etc and be able to use a variety of yarns to complete the projects. Couldn't ask for a better book. ;-)