Thursday, December 23, 2010

Like a Child Waiting for New Toys


I'm back in the knitting saddle and feeling much better. Just in time for the Holidays. I started, yet another pair of Fetching gloves. This time I'm knitting with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in a charcoal gray color. Another pair of gray gloves??? Yes! For me? Yes! A gal can't have too many fingerless gloves. Plus it makes great mindless knitting while watching TV with dear hubby. Instead of a being a sock knitter, I'm just a plain ole fingerless glove knitter. Anyways, I wanted to make a comment about the Cashmerino Aran yarn. It's fabulous to knit with! Sooooo soft! The yarn produces a lovely knitted fabric with beautiful stitch definitions. I've checked Ravelry and there were many comments about pilling issues. I have not encountered that while knitting the gloves.

I'm off the next few days. What is a gal to do? Why, go visit one of her favorite local yarn shops. So, I'm heading off to Uniquities with my mother. BTW...my mother has been knitting up a storm. Instead of knitting plain ole cardigans, she's expanding her horizons a bit. She's knitting herself a fancy cable sweater.

Before I go, I wanted to share this stunning lace cowl from the Creative Knitting Accessories with Style mag:

Design by Laura Nelken


It's a slouchy neck warmer as well as an elegant head cover. As a Christmas gift to myself, I ordered some beautiful yarn to use with this project. I plan on using Heather by Schaeffer Yarns. It's a mix of merino wool and silk and a bit of nylon. On Ravelry, there are some other projects that were knitted with this yarn and the colors were just stunning. I plan on knitting this neck warmer using the Continental method. I need the practice.

I'm anxiously awaiting for my yarn to arrive. No, I won't be hanging out at the edge of driveway waiting for the mail truck to arrive. Though, the thought did occur to me. Could leave a glass of milk and some chocolate chip cookies.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: