Sunday, April 19, 2009

Still Knitting, Here & There


I still have some needles going. The weather here is up and down, but still Spring-like. I've given up on up on knitting with thick or bulky yarn. So, I may have to put my Fitted Cardi on hold til the Fall. Not a problem. I have a bin ready for WIPs that won't be completed anytime soon. Never thought I would come to this.

Also, going into the WIP bin is my blue thick and thin cardigan. I'm finding that the Blizzard yarn is kind of linty. While knitting, I'm finding a lot of lint falling off my cardigan. That can't be a good sign! I've lost interest in this project. Into the bin it goes.

I'm still working on my pink "cropped raglan sweater cardi". Making some progress. Getting close to placing the sleeves on the holders. Once that is done, the knitting will get faster. As long as I don't start another project, I hope to get this completed by the end of this month. I love knitting with the Bernat DenimStyle yarn.

Making some progress


I found two buttons that match my blue Malabrigo Shrug This. I also found some thick beading elastic to use as a toggle for the two buttons. If that doesn't work, I also found some blue soutache to make into a toggle. I will more than likely make the two versions to see which one works the best. Will post my findings. :)

Speaking of the many versions of Shrug This that I've knitted, looks like I will get to teach that pattern at my LYS. How cool is that?

I came across a preview for the next Interweave KNITS magazine coming out in May.

I'm thinking of making my own stitch markers. Since I have been making my own necklaces and have all the beads and tools available, I thought I would give it a try. If they turn out okay, I will be back with a post and let you decide.

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog :)

I know what you mean about a WIP bin - mine are hidden in a cupboard, where they will probably sit untouched until I move out! I'm loving your cropped cardi though :) Very cool that you get to teach the Shrug This pattern to a class, that's great!!

And i'd love to see what stitch markers you come up with - you could sell them on Etsy!