Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Fun-Filled Knitting Weekend & Beautiful Weather


Late yesterday, DH and I had a wonderful opportunity to sit on our porch and enjoy a warm, but breezy afternoon. He was enjoying a book he was reading and I had almost 2 hours of uninterrupted knitting into the early evening hour.

Ophelia has turned out to be a joy to knit. I have not had to do a major frog or insert a lifeline into the lace pattern. I've only had to tink a row or two, because I had forgotten to knit a row in pattern.

Here's what Cactus looks like in the round (not joined). I've placed the back and right front on waste yarn (stitch holders).

Left front section being knitted while back and right front are on stitch holders


Here's what the lace pattern looks like above the ribbing.

Close up of lace pattern


Here's what Cactus looks like as of this morning. While knitting and finishing the left front shoulder, I had to change the pattern instructions at the last minute because of the 6 stitch decreases I made throughout the bodice. It helps that I waited until the early morning hours when I'm awake to make these changes.

Left front completed and now working the right front piece


I hope to finish Cactus sometime tonight and then work on my Mediterranean version tomorrow. See, this is a fast knit. :)

1 comment:

Trina said...

How nice to have some uninterrupted knitting time! That lace pattern looks stunning :)