Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oh My Aching Back...the Joys of Knitting


The finishing bug has hit me big time. I'm so happy. Today is finishing and sleeve seaming day.

I got up early this morning (like 5am) to start working on my Denim cardigan. I picked up and knitted the front bands. I knitted three 2-stitch buttonholes in the bodice area and sewed the buttons on.

I'm seaming the last sleeve on my Azalea cardigan. Once done, I plan on doing the same with the Denim cardigan. I hope to finish the side seams tonight and that depends on how much daylight I still have in my sewing room. Sewing the seams is not that bad. I'm glad I had some practice on previous knitted garments. I have the perfect place to put my garment pieces together...my cutting table cart. It's the right height for me, so that I'm not leaning over constantly. I've got one side extended so I can lay all the pieces flat and seam away. My back is starting to ache a bit from standing for so long.

Oh, I've renamed my cardigans based on the yarn color they were knitted in. Sorry for the confusion, but it does make sense. Really, it does. :) The plus side of working on two cardigans at the same time, I was able to practice on the Azalea version and then perfect the techniques for the Denim version. We'll see at the end, if this holds true.

I'm also finishing my review on both of these. It will be a long one. I hope to have it posted by the end of this week. You can't wait? I can't wait. By then, I know I'll be wearing one of them to church.

The Lion Brand version - Azalea



I know it's been awhile since I've posted the blue version. I wanted to show you that I really have been working on it.

The Debbie Bliss version - Denim


Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Ooo its getting exciting! I always hate seaming, but i'm glad you're enjoying it :) Can't wait for your review!
Trina :)