Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ophelia in the Making


I casted on 146 stitches and will need to knit about 8 inches of this decorative lace ribbing pattern. It's slow going, but that's the type of project I need right now. A leisure knitting experience. I picked out this olive color as I don't have any earth-tone tops/cardis. I can see wearing this color for 3 out of 4 seasons. I'm knitting a medium when I typically wear a size small. The finished bust size for a small is 32 inches. Way too much negative ease for me even though I can wear this cardi open in the front. The medium finished bust is 36 inches. To me, that means the front edges will meet in the middle. I may end up narrowing (or decreasing) the front left and front right pieces along the armhole and neckline areas. That will be a last minute call I will make once I get to that point. :)

Decorative ribbing


Close up pic. Some lacework in between the ribbing


Looks like I will be knitting a 2nd version of this pattern in Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton and at the same time. There is a method to my madness. I haven't decided on the color yet.

Well, I'm off to go sit and knit on the porch and enjoy our breezy late afternoon weather.

More progress


1 comment:

Trina said...

What a nice pattern - that lacy ribbing looks lovely :)
What happened to CeCe??