I never though I would say this, but I'm tired of knitting the ribbed pattern on Ophelia. I know, it's because I'm knitting two versions. Knitting with the worsted weight yarn is not too bad. I can't imagine using a lighter weight yarn. I shouldn't complain since the rib pattern is K2,P2. It could have been worse with K1,P1. That part is done.
This is my first time, following a lace pattern with no chart. I'm just reading line by line (text) in the pattern instructions. There's a 12 row lace repeat pattern above the ribbing. So far, it's been an easy knit. I've put in stitch markers to mark the fronts, sides, and back. I used different color stitch markers to mark the sides and also the 3-repeat lace pattern in the back. The stitch markers have been a big help as I'm knitting, purling, and knitting the lace pattern in the RS and WS rows.
I'm getting ready to split the fronts from the back on Cactus. I can't wait to finish both of these as the temperature here is hot and humid. We haven't reached 90 degrees yet and I'm feeling hot & sticky already. So far, Ophelia appears to be a heavy garment as I'm using thick worsted weight yarns. I think it's a mental thing for me right now.
I did knit a quick swatch for CeCe to check the gauge. Looking forward to starting this new project.