Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October!


I'm knitting away on Alpine. Almost finished with the back piece and hoping to start the front left sometime today. The Alpaca With a Twist Highlander yarn is my favorite yarn. I'm enjoying the softness and the beautifully knitted fabric that's being created. At first, I wasn't too sure of this red yarn with an orange tint against my skin. No worries now. I love this yarn.

Today, I'm heading to the Sewing Expo for a pants fitting class. I will be drafting a pants pattern for myself and making necessary adjustments (e.g. getting rid of the smiles). I am looking forward to being around fellow sewists and hoping to find my sewing mojo at the same time.

I plan on doing a little shopping at the Expo. I need some unique buttons for my future hand knit garments.

I better get going and collect my yarn scraps, my knitting project, and my tickets to the show.

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am knitting on Alpine, too. I have the back done and almost have the left front done. I am to the decreasing portion on the left front. It left me shaking my head, but I sat down and wrote out word for word what I thought they wanted, after seeking help on ravelry. I think I have it. We will see.