Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Shrug This #2 - Completed



Shrug This in Sirdar Denim Chunky


I'm happy to say, it's done. I love this longer version. The total back length is roughly 16 inches. The bottom of this shrug falls at my high hip area. Here's my review:

Name of Pattern:
Shrug This

Designed by:
Toni Kayser Weiner (from the One Skein Wonders book)

Pattern/Garment Description:
Shrugs are all the rage and with this loosely knit version (three stitches per inch) you'll be able to "shrug" off the time investment. This shrug is worked from the neck down and there's no sewing required.

Size(s):
One size

Yarns Used:
Sirdar Denim Chunky in light blue. Used less than 2 skeins.

Gauge:
Roughly 3 stitches/inch. Cast on 53 stitches.

Knitting Tools Used:
Circular needles: 24 inch size 11 needle. This yarn was soft enough that I did not need to use my 29 inch needle.

Techniques I learned/used:
Long tail cast on (I'm loving this method)
Yarn over (YO)
Knitting from the top down
Raglan sleeves
Lengthen the body to fall at my high hip. About 53 rows in total.

What I Like About this Pattern:
Quick and easy to knit. Versatile pattern that can be lengthened.

What I Dislike About this Pattern:
Nothing to dislike.

My Pattern Rating (Beginner, Easy, Intermediate, Hard):
I rate this pattern as Easy. A beginner with some basic knitting experience could tackle this project.

Conclusion/Additional Comments:
This is my 2nd shrug. For this version, I lengthened it. The back length came out to 16 inches. Perfect, as I wanted it to fall at my high hip.

I actually enjoy knitting from the neck down.

Since I did the long tail cast on, I wanted the backside (I believe will double check) to be the right side. So, I ended up I adding an extra row of ribbing at the neckline. I also added an extra row at the bottom to complement the neckline.

This is my TNT pattern.

Side view


Back side




Within the next day, I hope to take some photos modeling both versions.

2 comments:

Trina said...

Wow that was super fast!!! It looks lovely :)

2BSewing: said...

Trina...thank you for the complements. This is what happens when I have some time to knit now. The knitting mojo just keeps flowing.