Friday, March 27, 2009

Something New to Knit and the Weekend


I've been looking for a nice dressy top to knit that needs to be completed by the end of July. Something easy and simple to knit. I came across this pattern in the Filatura di Crosa Spring/Summer 2006 collection booklet. It's a wide scoop neck sleeveless top. In the picture, the whole garment is knitted in Ananas. I found two skeins of this and plan to knit the scoop neckline with this fancy and funky yarn. I'm still undecided about what yarn to use for the body. It should be a plain colored yarn and should have the breathe-ability factor as I will be wearing this near the end of August.

Sleeveless top with wide scoop neckline in Ananas. Design by Irina Poludnenko.


In the meantime, I'm planning on knitting a "wearable muslin" to check for sizing and to help figure out what yarn and how much to use for my final knitted garment. I will also knit this in a shorter version. I wonder what I can find in my stash....

In the meantime, it's time for me to put away my leftover and unused yarns, clear off my cutting table, and get back to sewing.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: