Thursday, March 19, 2009

Shrug This!


Here's my fourth WIP project on my knitting needles. This shrug is from the One Skein Wonders book that I purchased last year. I've been eyeballing this pattern for so long. Initially, I had no clue how to knit this top. I had no idea what a YO was and no idea how to knit from the top down. The instructions were foreign to me.

After knitting several easy garments, I went back to my book and would you believe...I understood the knitting instructions for this shrug? Yes, a lightbulb went off in my head. I proceeded to find some yarn and casted on the stitches. I'm using Plymouth Encore Chunky in Black. So far, it's a quick knitting project.

Shrug This! by Toni Kayser Weiner


I've included a link to the free Shrug This pattern at the One Skein Wonders site.

I'm truly amazed at how much I've learned and picked up in the last two months of knitting garments.


Update: I started out using my 24 inch circular knitting needles. About halfway into the knitting, I had to switch to my 29 inch circular needles. I am beginning to see why I need to have circulars in longer lengths. It's hard to knit with stitches that are crammed together.

1 comment:

Trina said...

I've knit this twice, its a great pattern if you get the right yarn substitute :)