Friday, July 17, 2009

A Fun Filled Week


I can't believe how quickly this week went by. I started out on Sunday, meeting with my knitting group and teaching a refresher course on the basics of knitting. I purchased some beautiful yarn from a fab sale at one of my LYS and went back a second time with my friend, Sarah, to help her pick out a fabulous silk/cotton yarn for her first knitted garment project. The yarn is gorgeous. For most of the week, I took pictures for our VBS (Vacation Bible School) at my church. The kids are fantastic and a few will even ham it up and strike a pose for me.

My DH is a wonderful hubby. To celebrate my day, He took me to a wonderful Italian restaurant in Old Town. We had a quiet evening and enjoyed our conversation with a wonderful Italian meal.

Normally, we see two movies a year at the theater. Today, we're planning on heading to the movie theater to catch the 10am showing of HP. Yes, I did say "10am". I don't think we've ever gone to see a movie in the morning. This should be fun.

On the knitting front, I still have 3 projects going at the same time. It's been hard knitting 3 at a time and they all happen to be the back sections which seems to take forever. In the next day or two, I plan on knitting one project at a time so I can feel like I'm completing a garment much faster.

The back piece of Sage is now completed. Hoping to cast on the front left section today.

Cabled Lace Vest back. Note: the stitch markers at the side marking the start of the armhole area



Close up of the stitch patterns



Violet is moving right along. I have a few more inches to knit before I start the BOs for the armholes.

Lace Panel Cardi back piece


In order to move along with Sage and Violet, Charcoal (cabled v-neck top) will be put aside for now. I will more than likely take it with me on my travels in August. It will make a nice Fall garment.

For a quick knit, I will be casting on a Shoulder Shawl that I saw at one of my LYS. I've done some test samples with different yarns. We'll see what I come up with.

I have to share another yarn purchase I made that was 40% off. This Tilli Tomas silk yarn is absolutely gorgeous and couldn't be passed up. DH was happy that I made some special yarn purchases for myself. Saved him the trouble of trying to figure out what to get me.

Disco Lights in Parchment color by Tilli Tomas



Happy Knitting!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Your knitting looks awesome!!! How long have you been knitting? I have only been knitting 6 months so I am trying to figure out how long it will take me to get as skilled as you are. :)

2BSewing: said...

Hi Rachael...Thank you for the complements. I've been knitting for over a year now (off and on). I started knitting garments about 6 months ago. I've been knitting non-stop and selecting patterns that progress my skills a little further. Unfortunately, my sewing has suffered a bit. At least I'm creating "something" that I can wear.

Don't worry too much about being skilled, before you know it you will be knitting along with me. ;)

Rachel said...

Thanks. I am afraid my sewing is going to have to suffer if I knit as much as I want to.

Trina said...

I'm catching up on my blog reading - sounds like you had a nice night out with your hubby - Italian food is my favourite!! I always tend to order the same thing though...
I love the stitch pattern on your Sage project! Looking forward to the shoulder shawl :)