Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Knitting Updates & Pics


New Project:
At my LYS, we are working on a group project called the Log Cabin Blanket by Liz Ungar. Each of us is knitting two squares. Each square has 5 sections of garter stitches. We are using Noro Kureyon. It's my first time knitting with this yarn. All I can say is...the colors are Wow! I love how the colors are developing in each of the sections and then the squares as a whole.

Two balls of Noro Kureyon I'm using



Here's my first section (middle) completed:

Section 1 completed



I am picking up the stitches along one side:

Picking up stitches along one side



Here's the 3 completed sections:

Section 3 completed



I have two more sections to go and then I'm done. It's a quick and easy knitting project.


Cabled Lace Vest:
I am making a lot of progress on the vest. I started the front section on Sunday and re-read the instructions and just knitted what I thought would make sense. Do you know how hard it is to knit the lace pattern and do cable stitch pattern at the same time? To top it off, I had to remember to do an increase for the sides and then remember to do a decrease at the neckline. It was cumbersome at the beginning, but I think I've got a handle on both patterns now (after so many repeats).

Left front with cables and lace pattern


I have a few more inches to knit and then I start the BOs for the shoulder area.


I'm off for the next two days. I have a huge "to do" list. Half of the list are self-inflicted items (computer work, phone calls, organizing, cleaning) and the remainder are tasks I need to take care of for DH. One task requires a sewing project for DH. He originally wanted me to go out and purchase the items. To save money, I suggested I make the items for him. So, I better get moving and crank on my sewing and embroidery machines.

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Trina said...

Your log cabin squares look cool - is it hard to pick up the stitches along the edge of the garter stitch? I've never used Noro, its super expensive here :( I'm loving the cable and lace pattern too! :)

2BSewing: said...

Hi Trina...it's not hard to pick up the stitches along the edges of the garter stitch. I learned a neat trick from my friend, Denise. Before I start knitting a row, I slip the first stitch (purlwise) onto the right needle. This gives a nice edge and you can actually see where to pick up. I'll be sending you a message on Ravelry. ;)