Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It's My Special Day!


I'm celebrating my special day today surrounded with new yarns that I added to my stash and 40% discount to boot! Okay, so how did I get all this yarn and it's only 8am this morning? I took advantage of a sale at one of my LYS, the day before my birthday. I treated myself to some wonderful yarns.

Here's what I've added to my ever growing stash:

1824 Wool by Mission Falls - This yarn is incredibly soft. I'm expanding my color palette. This will be made into a shrug



1824 Wool by Mission Falls in Granite. Only two skeins to be found. If I don't find additional skeins for a garment, I may end up using this as a border/edge/trim



Fantasy Linen by Plymouth Yarns - This is a beautiful green yarn to be made into a lace cardigan. A wonderful find



Fantasy Linen by Plymouth Yarns - Off White. This was a another fabulous find



The perfect off-white color for my skin tone



Olympic by Artful Yarns. This color is called Paris. Not much yardage, but hope to knit a cropped lace vest with this exquisite yarn



Love It Colors by Berroco in Lucy in the Sky. Love the colors which will make an interesting garment



Today, I'm making another trip to the LYS with blinders on. This time, I'm taking along a friend of mine to see what bargains she can uncover. I'm a terrible yarn enabler. ;)

Then I head to work for a few hours. DH called to let me know that we'll do something later this evening. We had planned to go to the movies, but postponed that for Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing HP that's coming out today. If you watch real closely, you may see a knitted garment or two.

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!! Those are some gorgeous yarns.

Trina said...

Happy birthday! Stash enhancement is the perfect birthday gift :) Hope you have a lovely day!